ITT 208: How to Outsource Your Book and Become a Wall Street Journal Bestseller with Alinka Rutkowska
Alinka Rutkowska is a USA Today best-selling author, a Wall Street Journal best-selling author and a top 100 Amazon best-selling author in business and money. She’s sold more than 100,000 copies of her books and her book creation process has been showcased in Entrepreneur magazine. She’s also the CEO of Leaders Press, where she turns entrepreneurs' book ideas into best-selling books. She has launched all its titles to best-seller status.
On today’s episode, I sit down with Alinka Rutkowska to talk about two things. The first is how to outsource your book and what that process looks like. The second is Alinka’s best tips on how to hit the Wall Street Journal bestseller list.
During this conversation, we kind of break down her strategy for those two things with what worked and what didn’t. She will be sharing some practical and hopefully pragmatic tips on what you could do to implement for your own launch, regardless if you are shooting for a best seller list.
In this broadcast, Alinka and I talk about:
- When and how did Alinka enter the self-publishing space
- What inspired Alinka to publish her first book
- What are the potential benefits of self-publishing a book
- What are the opportunities available for those aiming to self-publish
- How have the self-publishing obstacles changed since 2010
- What are the pros and cons of using books as a business tool versus earning royalties
- What do people need to be weary of when outsourcing a book to another writer
- How can you avoid issues with the writing not sounding authentic (if ghostwritten)
- How to maintain quality writing if outsourced to a ghostwriter
- What is the secret to earning a place on the New York Times Bestseller list (if self-publishing)
- What is the importance of pre-orders and partnerships to boost overall sales
- Where does Alinka view the future of self-publishing heading
How to Connect with Alinka:
Get the Latest Broadcasts of In The Trenches on Your Favorite Podcast Platform:
How You Can Support In The Trenches
Did you enjoy today's broadcast of In The Trenches? Please click here to leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review helps me spread the word of this podcast, which allows me to line up amazing guests and continue to produce this podcast ad-free. Thanks so much in advance for your support.