Justin Sloan is a professional video game writer, with credits including Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead. Justin is also a novelist and screenwriter, with dozens of books to his name, including “Falls of Redemption” and “Military Veterans in Creative Careers” among many others. Justin studied writing at the John Hopkins University and at the UCLA School of Theatre. Justin is also the co-host of the Self-Publishing Answers Podcast.
Justin was also in the Marines for five years, living in Japan, Korea, and Italy. He currently lives in the Bay area with his wife and kids.
What Justin Sloan and I talk about in this broadcast:
- How Justin began his writing career
- How Justin met Ashley Miller and got inspired to pursue his passion
- The techniques Justin used to connect with people in his industry to accelerate his career
- How Justin learned to connect with the right people
- The importance managers and agents in these creative careers
- The advantages of self-publishing
- How Justin learned to outline his work before sitting down to write, accelerating his turn around
- The strategy behind Justin starting his podcast, Self-Publishing Answers Podcast
- The goals Justin has set for the next several years and how he is positioning himself to make those happen
- The difference between writing for video games, screenplays, and books
Contact Justin Sloan online:
- Podcast: Self-Publishing Answers Podcast
- IMDb page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1733364/
Other Resources mentioned in this broadcast:
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.
The post ITT 066: How to Write for Movies and Video Games with Justin Sloan appeared first on Tom Morkes.