David Nihill is the founder of FunnyBizz.co, an entrepreneur who has been featured in Inc., Forbes, and Fast Company among others, and author of Do You Talk Funny? 7 Comedy Habits to Become a Better and Funnier Public Speaker. Prior to writing Do You Talk Funny?, David had been deathly afraid of public speaking. His solution? Spend one year as a standup comic - a sort of "jump in the deep end of the pool to learn to swim" approach. What grew out of this experience was not only great advice on how to overcome the fear of speaking but how to actually master the art. What David and I talk about in today's broadcast:
- David's background leading up to comedy
- Why David chose standup comedy to overcome his fear of public speaking (versus, say, Toastmasters)
- What inspired David to apply comedy to business
- How David developed his initial idea into an ecourse on Udemy (and his process for turning that course into a bestselling book)
- The launch of his bestselling book, Do You Talk Funny?
And much more... Where you can find and connect with David:
If you enjoyed today's podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.