Derek Doepker is an author, speaker, trainer, coach, and dominator in the self-publishing space. In this episode, we mostly focus on how he stumbled into self-publishing, why he continues to work on new projects even though he could live off his earnings from self-publishing, why it’s so important to be clear in your writing rather than clever, and much more!
In this broadcast, Derek Doepker and I talk about:
- How Derek first got into writing and self-publishing
- Why Derek considers his first few books a success even though they didn’t sell well at first
- How to determine whether the market is ready for the book you want to write
- Derek’s advice for becoming an innovator in your niche
- How Derek diversifies his income streams without spreading himself too thin
- The importance of using templates and processes to expedite the work you do
- Why you should create courses instead of standard operating procedures
- Why you need to embrace the fact that most businesses fail
And so much more.
How to connect with Derek Doepker online:
Great quote from Derek Doepker :
"Imitations plus creations equals innovation." - @ExcuseProof
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.