Jonathan Raymond is the founder of Refound.com and the author of a new book called Good Authority . Jonathan has worked in many businesses, including, in the wind energy sector, as a lawyer, and as a yoga instructor. He began his work as a business consultant when he became the CEO of EMyth in 2011.
In this broadcast, Jonathan Raymond and I talk about:
- How becoming the CEO of EMyth helped him begin to find his balance in life.
- Why it is that Refound.com has the goal of helping the helper .
- Some of the common challenges to holding people accountable in business and organizations.
- How to hold people accountable while keeping an open heart. How to be a boss who is not too tough or too soft.
- Identifying some of the symptoms of being a boss who is not great at accountability with his team, including:
- Constantly finding yourself mediating disputes between people.
- Having the sense that there are sloppy mistakes being made by your team.
- Having people continually check in with you on tasks they should be able to complete themselves.
- Finding that every meeting ends with a call for better communication.
- Frequently seeing that something is off with your team but not doing anything about it.
- How to take proactive steps to avoid these accountability and communication problems by naming the problem and setting up a culture of communication within your organization.
- The problems that happen when bosses forget that they do have power, which can cause a barrier to honest communication.
- His theory of the Trickle-Down-Transformation , how it happens and why it does not work.
- How the alternative to Trickle-Down-Transformation is real time feed back, a culture of communication within the organization, and consistent outside feedback from those who are structurally outside of the day-to-day operations of the organization.
How to find Jonathan Raymond online:
- Websites: Refound.com
- Book: Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For
- Course: The Culture Course
- Twitter: @jonathanraymond
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.
The post ITT 084: How To Become an Effective Leader with Jonathan Raymond appeared first on Tom Morkes.