Honoree Corder is the author of “Prosperity for Writers.” She has been a successful entrepreneur for almost twenty years, earning her first fortune and developing a lot of her skills with Shaklee Corporation, then as a business coach, and now as a successful author, executive coach, keynote speaker and corporate trainer.
In this broadcast, Honoree and I talk about:
- Why Honoree wrote her first book
- How Honoree received a traditional publishing deal for her first book but turned the deal down
- Her process to become a successful self-published author, including hiring a professional editor and graphic designer
- How her first book gained traction slowly
- How she has successfully used white labeling to sell books in bulk
- Honoree’s favorite marketing strategies including:
- Thinking of a book as ever-green marketing
- Asking the important question: “Who would benefit by sharing the content that I have created?”
- Strategies and techniques that she has used to sell books
- Why developing strategic partnerships with other professionals who can refer clients to you is so important
- The process she went through to write her latest book, what the reception to that book has been, and how she determined how to price that book
Honoree Corder’s advice to people who want to succeed as a self-publisher:
“Be in it for the long game, there are no overnight successes.”
“Keep writing every day.”
“Be willing to put in the time it takes to be successful.”
How to find Honoree online:
If you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a review on iTunes here. Thanks so much in advance for your support.
The post ITT 070: How to Prosper as a Writer with Honoree Corder appeared first on Tom Morkes.